Tamaryn Green holds the title of a South African model and winner of beauty pageants. In the year 2018, she achieved victory as Miss South Africa. Taking part in the Miss Universe 2018 contest, she secured the position of the competition’s second-place contestant.
Tamaryn Green Age
Tamaryn Green was born on August 19, 1994, in Worcester, South Africa. She is of Cape Coloured origin and grew up in Paarl, Western Cape. Her parents are David Green and Ellirene Green. Her father works as a curriculum adviser while her mother is a teacher.
Tamaryn Green Education
Green attended Paarl Girls’ High School and matriculated in 2012,She then enrolled at the University of Cape Town, where she pursued a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery degree. During her studies, she was actively involved in various extracurricular activities, including sports and community service.
In 2018, Green graduated from the University of Cape Town, obtaining her medical degree. She then completed her internship at Khayelitsha District Hospital in Cape Town, where she gained valuable experience in the medical field.
Tamaryn Green Career
Miss South Africa and Miss Universe Journey
Tamaryn Green was crowned Miss South Africa in 2018, and she represented South Africa in the Miss Universe 2018 competition. She managed to secure the first runner-up position in the competition, which was held in Bangkok, Thailand.
During the Miss South Africa competition, Tamaryn was asked about the biggest lesson she had learned in her life, and she responded that it was to always be true to oneself and to never compromise one’s values. She also mentioned that she was motivated by her passion for medicine and her desire to make a difference in people’s lives.
At the Miss Universe competition, Tamaryn competed against contestants from around the world, and she impressed the judges and the audience with her grace, poise, and intelligence. She wore a stunning yellow gown during the evening gown competition and a colorful traditional outfit during the national costume competition.
Tamaryn’s performance during the question and answer round was also notable, as she was asked about the #MeToo movement and how it should be handled in the workplace. She responded by saying that women should be empowered to speak up and that men should be educated about respecting women’s rights and dignity.
Overall, Tamaryn’s journey as Miss South Africa and Miss Universe runner-up was a testament to her beauty, intelligence, and compassion. She continues to inspire young women in South Africa and around the world to pursue their dreams and make a positive impact in their communities.
After being crowned Miss South Africa 2018, Tamaryn Green continued her studies to become a medical doctor. She graduated with a degree in medicine from the University of Cape Town in 2019.
During her studies, Green was involved in various medical outreach programs, including a trip to Nepal where she assisted in providing medical care and aid to underprivileged communities. She also worked as a medical intern at the Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town.
In addition to her medical studies and work, Green has also continued her career in modeling and pageantry. She has used her platform to raise awareness about various health issues, including tuberculosis and mental health.
Overall, Tamaryn Green’s medical career is a testament to her dedication and passion for helping others. She has shown that it is possible to pursue multiple passions and make a positive impact in different fields.
Activism and Advocacy
Tamaryn Green is a passionate advocate for various social causes. She uses her platform as a beauty queen and model to raise awareness and support for issues that are close to her heart. Some of the causes she supports include:
- Mental Health: Tamaryn is a qualified medical doctor and has been vocal about the importance of mental health. She has spoken about her own struggles with anxiety and depression and encourages others to seek help when they need it.
- Gender-Based Violence: Tamaryn is a strong advocate for women’s rights and has spoken out against gender-based violence. She has participated in various campaigns and initiatives aimed at ending violence against women.
- Education: Tamaryn believes that education is key to unlocking opportunities and improving lives. She has been involved in initiatives that promote education and empower young people to reach their full potential.
Tamaryn’s advocacy work has earned her recognition and praise from various organizations and individuals. She was named as one of the Mail & Guardian’s Top 200 Young South Africans in 2019 and was awarded the Global Citizen Prize for South Africa in 2020.
Overall, Tamaryn Green is a passionate and dedicated advocate for social causes. She uses her platform to raise awareness and support for issues that are important to her, and inspires others to do the same.
Awards and Achievements
Tamaryn Green has achieved a great deal in her career as a model and beauty pageant titleholder. Here are some of her notable awards and achievements:
- Miss South Africa 2018: Tamaryn Green was crowned Miss South Africa in 2018, beating out 27 other regional qualifiers for the title. This was a significant achievement in her career and opened many doors for her in the modeling and pageant industries.
- Miss Universe 2018: As Miss South Africa, Tamaryn Green went on to represent her country in the Miss Universe 2018 competition. She performed exceptionally well and was named the first runner-up, which was a remarkable accomplishment for her and a source of pride for South Africa.
- Ambassador for the Smile Foundation: Tamaryn Green was appointed as an ambassador for the Smile Foundation, a non-profit organization that provides reconstructive surgery and treatments to children with facial deformities. This appointment was a testament to her compassion and commitment to making a positive impact in her community.
- Face of various brands: Tamaryn Green has been the face of several brands, including Woolworths, American Swiss, and Cell C. These endorsements have helped to increase her visibility and establish her as a top model and influencer in South Africa.
- Humanitarian awards: Tamaryn Green has received several awards for her humanitarian work, including the Youth Inspiration Award at the 2019 Feather Awards and the Global Citizen Prize: Cisco Youth Leadership Award in 2020. These awards recognize her efforts to make a difference in the lives of others and inspire positive change in the world.
Overall, Tamaryn Green’s awards and achievements are a testament to her talent, dedication, and commitment to making a positive impact in the world. She continues to be a role model for young women in South Africa and beyond, inspiring them to pursue their dreams and make a difference in their communities.
Tamaryn Green is a successful model and beauty pageant titleholder who has achieved a lot in her career. As of 2023, her net worth is estimated to be around $1.5 million, according to online sources.
Most of her wealth comes from her modeling career, as well as from her endorsements and sponsorships. She has worked with several high-profile brands, including Woolworths, Edgars, and Foschini.
In addition to her modeling work, Tamaryn has also earned money from her participation in beauty pageants. She won the title of Miss South Africa in 2018 and represented her country in the Miss Universe competition, where she was the first runner-up.
Tamaryn’s net worth is likely to continue growing as she expands her career in the entertainment industry. She has expressed an interest in pursuing acting and hosting, which could lead to new opportunities and sources of income.
Overall, Tamaryn Green has worked hard to establish herself as a successful model and beauty queen, and her net worth reflects her dedication and talent.